It always comes up during my job interviews: Filipinos need to have faith in the Philippines more. My theory is if Filipinos would just venture out of Manila more often, then they'll realize how beautiful and precious this country really is. Didn't I say I was idealistic? I mean, if you battle crazy traffic everyday, get sick from all the pollution from PUVs, and everything else that comes with living in the city, then hell, yes, you'll hate this country with a quickness. That's why you need to see what the rest of this country has to offer (aside from Boracay and Palawan, okay?).
I was waiting for a big fiesta to jumpstart my Wow Philippines agenda and alas, the MassKara Festival is coming up. Imagine all the photo-ops with all the colorful costumes! I can think of a few crazy poses to show to Pen already. Imagine all the people you will get to meet! Imagine all the chicken inasal your stomach can take! Imagine seeing a balikbayan all giddy and stuff from finally setting foot in the Visayas region!
I found a travel buddy (who deserves a birthday celebration in Bacolod), and she found another travel buddy, but we need male travel buddies only because our loved ones would feel much better about letting us go if we had some. And please, don't flatter yourselves: I'm all about finding the promdi of my dreams in Bacolod. ;P
Once I start working, I can't venture out of town anymore so I got to do this now (Ale, do you hear me?). I've been here for two months already and my travel destinations have only been to uber exotic places like umm...uhh...The Podium, Shang, Galle, and Gateway (Tagaytay doesn't count since hello, it's only 1.5 hours away plus I was sick pa!). Come on, people! The Philippine DOT needs your pesoses! Promise, if you go, I won't bug you about Ad Congress in Cebu next month! Sige na! :: making sad puppy dog faces ::
No comments:
Post a Comment