Crap. I can't believe this is happening again.
1. Glasses
During my first week here in Manila, one of the screws got umm, unsecrewed and I thought I had to buy a new pair of glasses. Thankfully, Tet and I were able to get my glasses fixed at The Podium for free.
2. Cellphone
Over the last (almost) five months, I've begun to cherish the darn thing. It may not look as cute as Kulay or Papa, but it works and that's all I need it to do. But on one fateful morning at Pancake House, I spilled some water on it and it started going crazy. I thought I had to buy a new cellphone. Thankfully, it fixed itself. It still goes on a fritz once in awhile (like mixing two messages in my inbox together), but I don't have to buy a cellphone and that's all I care about.
3. Watch
Guy sa MRT: "Miss, sa iyo yata yun."
Me: (looks on the floor and sees my watch) Ay, salamat po.
First of all, there are some good strangers in this country. That man could've easily picked up my watch and walked away with it, but he didn't. Anyway, the screw on the strap got umm, unscrewed and the screw went flying away somewhere. I brought the watch to one of the watch places at Shangri-La and I was told that they didn't have a screw to fix it. If I had the strap extender, they could take a screw from there and replace the one that's missing, but where's that extender? In my lovely room...in Seattle. Hence, for the past two months, I've been living my life without a watch. Not a pleasant thing for someone who always wants to be on time for everything.
4. Earrings
This is my latest misery. I didn't bring any jewelry to Manila except for my watch and earrings. The watch went bye-bye and whaddayaknow, the earrings seem to have gone with it. Monday was the last day I wore them because that was the only day this week that I ventured outside (nagtitipid kasi). I took them off when I got home and I put them somewhere. Where that somewhere is, I don't know. Yesterday, when I was getting ready to go out, I couldn't find my earrings. I looked everywhere, but ended up empty-handed. Before I left the house, I told Manang Luz to look for them when cleaning the room. When I got back last night, I was sad to find out that those earrings were still MIA.
You're probably saying, "Mina, there are so many earrings at tiangges!" I'm sorry, but Mina doesn't wear fake earrings. Ang taray! LoL. Seriously though, just like most things this holiday season, I can't afford to buy anything extravagant. A new pair of earrings is not an option.
So, dear earrings, please appear soon because I don't want to cry over you day in and day out. Besides, I need you to make me look like a girl day in and day out, too. HaHa!
No comments:
Post a Comment