Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Joy To The World

Yesterday morning...
Me: Tess, nalabahan na ba yung puting kamiseta ko?
Tess: Oo. Hindi ko lang alam kung nasaan.
Me: Nung Monday ko sinuot yun.
Tess: Tingin ka lang dito. Um, Ate, pamasko ko?
Me: Meron, meron. Bibigay ko sa iyo mamaya. Hanapin mo muna kamiseta ko.
Tess: (Laughs)

Before I left the house that morning...
Me: Tess, o. Merry Christmas. (hands over an envelope)
Tess: Thank you, Ate.
Me: Ano ka ba, Globe or Smart?
Tess: Smart.
Me: O, eto pa. (hands over prepaid card)
Tess: Ate! Thank you! Ang bait mo talaga! (hugs)

Priceless, simply priceless. I've never seen that reaction from anyone after giving a gift and it truly made my holiday season.

Okay, okay, my first pair of Havaianas from Ninang made my holiday season...and the bling-bling Bayo shirt...and the "R" pin Ate Ricci gave me...and the P50 I got for scoring 90 on my first videoke performance (singing "Before I Let You Go" by Freestyle no less!)...but non-materialistically-speaking, Tess' reaction was the best "gift" I received this year. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment