What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Put life before money; put others before me during Christmas; traveled to Belgium, China, Tacloban, Cebu, Bohol; tried to find a job in Manila; trusted way too many strangers with my life this year (HeHe!); discovered wi-fi; waited for someone at NAIA; watched UAAP games...hmm, basta a lot of firsts this year. =)
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make new years' resolutions.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.
Did anyone close to you die?
No.
What countries did you visit?
Belgium, China, Philippines
What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A fulfilling job. Sige na nga, lovelife na rin. HaHa!
What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 27 was when I arrived in Manila.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pursuing what I've always wanted to do.
What was your biggest failure?
If I answer lovelife, it will be like what I said last year. Sawing-sawi na masyado! LoL. I guess my biggest failure would be not being a better daughter to my parents.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.
What was the best thing you bought?
Papa the Powerbook, my digital camera, my plane ticket to Manila.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ninang for not kicking me out of the house in San Mateo. LoL.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That evil landlady and those in Manila who told me "Please expect the job offer by next week."
Where did most of your money go?
Plane tickets, Starbucks, and Smart prepaid cards.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Time with friends and cousins.
What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
"I Believe" ni Jimmy Bondoc? HaHa! Thank Tet for sending me the MP3. LoL.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? -- Absolutely happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? -- Thinner sabi nila.
iii. richer or poorer? -- Richer. Unemployed, but richer. =)
What do you wish you'd done more?
Talked to my Seattle family more.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Harbor bitterness.
How many one-night stands?
Two...ang night stands sa room dito. ;P Corny ba? LoL.
What was your favorite TV program?
VH1 shows and Eat Bulaga (when I still had a TV in the bedroom)
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.
What was the best book you read?
By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept by Paolo Coelho
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nina Live! CD
What did you want and get?
Happiness. =D
What was your favorite film of this year?
"...ing"
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent lunchtime with Twin Mayie and dinner with the titos and titas. Mid-twenties.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A job would've been nice.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Flipflops! I wish I could wear them all year-round in Seattle!
What kept you sane?
Tambayan sessions and text messages!
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kim Rae Won (swooooooon!)
What political issue stirred you the most?
George W. Bush's existence
Who did you miss?
My Seattle family especially Ganda Girl (I do wonder if she still remembers her magandang ninang!)
Who was the best new person you met?
Naks! I love you all! Yihee! HaHa!
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005
Live life.
What was the nicest thing someone told you about yourself
"You're a gem waiting to be found." Huwag kayong makilig; bading ang nagsabi niyan sa akin. LoL.
The most touching experience you've had this year?
Tess thanking me for her Christmas gift; people telling me that they value my friendship; getting a surprise birthday cake on my birthday.
What did you like most about yourself this year?
Numero unong kaladkarin ng bayan this year. HeHe.
What did you hate most about yourself this year?
Hmm...my feeling helpless when frustration sets in.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
What a journey it has been
And the end is not in sight
But the stars are out tonight
And they’re bound to guide my way
When they’re shining on my life
I can see a better day
I won’t let the darkness in
What a journey it has been
-- Lea Salonga's "The Journey"
- - - -
This past year was a good one. I didn't think it would be judging from the start of this year, but it turned out to be a good one afterall.
At the start of the year, I woke up every morning dreading to go to work. Lifeless would be the most accurate term to use to describe me at that time. Yikes.
When I finally got out and found a job that I thought would give me the world (literally), I lost it in a blink of an eye. I would've accepted the defeat if they had given me a solid reason, but they didn't. It was a humbling experience to say the least.
On top of that, I lost $500 trying to prove how grown up I was. In the process, I realized how sheltered I was, how I haven't met enough horrible people in this world to realize that there are many lurking around. I took it hard. Really hard.
By June, I was sure that 2005 was the worst year ever of my life. Up to now, I can't even look at my archives from January to June because I know those ill feelings will come rushing back again.
But everything truly happens for a reason. God ALWAYS gives me what I want and by July, He did. I found myself doing what I have always wanted to do: go back to the Philippines.
I found reasons to smile again. I found happiness. I found a goal worth pursuing (that would be a job and not a lovelife, people! HaHa!). I found my self-esteem back to near normal levels. I found newfound friends worth keeping. I found life. Naks!
Thank you to my website visitors who "kept me company" throughout this past year, Raissa (and family for treating me well in Tacloban), Tita Rosalyn, Zara (and family), Tet, Lisa, Supervisors Pinky-Sherry-Kathleen, Kuya Heinz (and brother, este, Ate Ambie, HaHa!), Belle, Alessa, Homer, Pen, and my cousins. My 2005 wouldn't have been the same without all of you.
The new year will start with a huge question for me and I don't know how to answer it. But whatever happens, I know that there is a reason for it. I just need to keep remembering that.
I wish you all the best that life has to offer and a chance to enjoy them all! Belle probably said it best when she texted me, "Wish you all the best and the boys in 2006." Amen. ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment