I watched Last Holiday yesterday to kill some of the six hours of idle time in between my two interviews. It's truly amazing how we don't live our lives to the fullest. Our personal "book of possibilities" is always much thicker than our "book of realities." Tsk!
People have told me that they're glad to find out that I'm living out my dream and how amazed they are that I have not given up after all these months. I'm no better than any of you. I'm not smarter, braver, or anything -er (yes, not even crazier than any of you!). I just know what I want and the only person who can make it happen is me. And the best time to do it is now (because our tomorrows are never promised).
I believe in my best product: me. I believe that God is there for me. I believe that the whole world conspires to help those who are achieving their dreams. I believe that a person knows what is good for him/her. I believe that you'll never succeed if you're too scared to fail (taken from Ale). I believe that it's better to try than to never try at all. I believe that life is too short to play it too safe.
And though my first goal of working in the Philippines has not been achieved yet, I already have a second goal. In the movie, Queen Latifah's character wanted to get married to LL Cool J's character. So my second goal is for my lovelife (okay, as if that's anything new!). For my birthday this year, I'm going to spend it with a special someone (umm, the person is still unknown. HaHa!). And in case God tries to be funny again because I wasn't specific enough with my request, I do mean a man who's single, pogi, tall, educated, smart, faithful, straight, loving, patient, has mutual feelings...I'm sorry, I just want to make sure God hears me correctly. LoL. *SIGH. Oh yes, another lofty goal for the idealistic one. HeHe.
Do you really have to specify that the guy must be straight? C'mon you luck hasn't been that bad right? (^_~)
ReplyDeletewhile i was starting to read your list of qualities, i was looking out for the word, "straight" and i wasn't disappointed. i believe God has a better picture now. hehe. hey sis, i'm back from Bora. let's see each other soon! :-) miss you!
ReplyDeleteRick: It has been that bad, dear friend, it has. LoL. My God is a funny guy, I tell you. I need to be more specific when I ask for miracles. ;P
ReplyDeleteTetski: HaHa! I just want to avoid giving all of you headaches again kaya specific na ang mga prayers ko ngayon. ;P I'm jealous of your Bora experience! Kainggit! Ayusin mo ang lecheng work schedule mo so we can see eachother...and I say that with a lot of love. HeHe.