Someone needs to stop me.
My latest discovery about myself is that I have a penchant for walking long distances in sweltering heat. Okay, they're not really long distances; I'm not that stupid afterall. Oh no, no, no. But since it is summer, those "short distances" feel like long distances. I need to understand that. And really, I need to stop this little hobby of mine before heatstroke catches up with me. HaHa!
A few weeks ago, I ended up walking from PHILCOA to U.P.'s Quezon Hall. I thought it was a short distance and I could use the exercise. Well, it wasn't a short distance (that's why you didn't see anyone doing what you were doing, dear). And it was 11 a.m. for crying out loud when the sun is almost at its hottest. Needless to say, when I arrived at Quezon Hall, I headed straight for the airconditioner. Belle and the gang just looked at me in disbelief when I told them what I had done. Actually, they did more than look: I think they also threw in the words "gaga" and "tanga." LoL.
And as if I didn't learn my lesson then, today, I walked from Intramuros to SM Manila. I was at Immigration to process my I-Card. I was told to bring $50 (so I did), but when I got there, they only take pesos. What's a girl to do, but go to SM to exchange money during lunchtime (Apparently, Metrobank isn't into exchanging foreign currency).
With an umbrella in hand, I started walking. The problem? It was 12 p.m. AND it was summer. Maybe if it was November or December, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but dear self, it *is* the summer. Two minutes outside equals dripping sweat these days; what more if it's a 15-minute walk?
Coming back, I tried to not walk. I swear, I tried not to! But the darn pedicabs wanted P30! Dude, if I wanted to spend that much, I would've taken a cab! Hence, I walked...and sweated...a lot. My shirt was absolutely wet by the time I re-entered the Immigration doors.
Normally, these instances would make me wish that I had an ulirang driver, I mean, an ulirang boyfriend, but eek, no thanks. Hugging or holding hands doesn't sound too appealing at this time of the year. We'll save relationships for the rainy season. Hopefully, he'll know how to hold an umbrella for me while I walk in the rain. ;P
Minagirl, pamatay talaga ang init. Ako naman, I walk 10 minutes from the gym to my office and I change my shirt when I get here. Eeek yung feeling talaga...Naalala ko tuloy when we met up at Gateway once...parang na-imagine ko na nangyari sa yo :-)
ReplyDeleteHaHa! Super white face with rosy red cheeks, sweat all over the face, and hair in a mess? Yun ba ang mental image mo? Tama ka dyan! LoL. I think I'll stick to wearing all white shirts during these summer months. LoL. Tsk tsk. Bagsak sa ganda points talaga! Rainy season, come na! LoL.
ReplyDelete