Sunday, March 26, 2006

Video Memory Lane

I don't think anyone who visits this website can relate to this, so excuse me while I reminisce about my younger years. HeHe.

While I was stalking browsing through someone's Friendster profile, one of his testimonials cracked me up: the one that mentioned the movie "El Norte."

Man, was that movie required to be shown for all high schools in the United States?! I found it funny that someone from New Jersey was shown that movie while I saw it too in Washington. Hmmm. All throughout my schooling, I thought that my teachers handpicked all the movies we were made to watch...and we always thought how horrible their tastes were. HaHa!

Anyway, here are the movies that remind me of my school life:
  • Elementary School: "Roots" (If you don't know Kunta Kinte...)

  • Middle School: "The Sandlot" (I swear, how many times did teachers have that on for their "last days of school" video back in the 7th grade?!)

  • High School: "El Norte"
The unforgettable movies didn't end there. For Biology in college, I was shown this video called "Miracle of Life" or something like that which showed the miracle of birth starting from the sp3rm entering the woman's body all the way to the fluid spewing out of the woman's body when she gave birth.

I swear, if you have a 16-year-old daughter and want to prevent her from getting pregnant at an early age, I would highly recommend that video. Sure scared the beejeezus out of me at the age of 20. HaHa!

*SIGH. I miss formal education. *coughgeek*cough

No comments:

Post a Comment