During my salary negotiation (if you can even call it that), I didn't push for a higher salary because I learned that I would be able to take graphic design classes for free. It's a job perk that adds up to a lot of money (tax-free, too!). What I didn't know was that I would be allowed to take a class during the day!
So today, instead of walking into my office, I walked into a classroom upstairs instead. After four years, I am back to being a student! My Fridays this month will solely be devoted to getting down and durrrrty with Photoshop CS2. Yay!
But all that good stuff come with a catch. It turns out that I'm not the Marketing Coordinator, but the Marketing Manager. HR got confused about my e-mail signature (I wrote that I was the Marketing Coordinator) that they had to call my direct supervisor to confirm my job title. My supervisor told me that I'm more than a coordinator. Eek! So, being a manager, guess who I have to report to on a regular basis? The Dean of the college!
What the heck did I get myself into?! Am I ready for this?! I'll get a bigger picture next week after my 45-minute meeting with The Big D (ooh, I smell a new blog character!) to discuss my job responsibilities. Hopefully, I'll be able to come out alive to write another entry.
Oooohhh! Marketing Manager. You're big cheese pala ha! :D
ReplyDeletesabi nga sa spider-man (yung uncle niya) but i'm tweaking it a bit - with big title comes great responsibility. not scaring you or what, but kaya nasa iyo `yan, dahil kaya mo `yan :-) - go, mina! - lynda
ReplyDelete