When I picture God in my head, the image I get is Him standing on a cloud, looking down on me and laughing His butt off. I really think He's just having a ball watching me react to things He throws at me.
Remember on July 2 when I wrote about a job that I didn't get? No? Go ahead, check the archives to refresh your memory. After I wrote that, I spent the next three weeks wallowing in my misery. I took the rejection pretty hard.
Well, two days ago, I got a call. I was asked what my employment status was and if I was still interested in that job. It turned out that the person they chose on July 2 did not work out for them. Quit playing games with my heart, God. Quit playing games with my heart! HaHa!
Today, I signed all the papers that made me the Marketing Coordinator. Exactly two years ago today, I left for Manila and it now seems like I put my life on hold for those two years and now I'm back to where I left off. Whatever I left behind then, I got it all back today plus more: a Marketing job, my own office (no Dilbert cubicles!), my own desktop computer with a printer, my own laptop, and my own phone extension.
This is yet another great example of God teaching me about patience and trust in Him. It's either that or He's trying to be the Last Comic Standing in my life.
welcome to the corporate world once again! It looks like that job is truly meant for you! Good luck!
ReplyDeletedude, stop using lines from BSB's songs. maka-nsync ka.
ReplyDeleteyay uli twinster!!!
Rai: Technically, I am a government employee...yet again. I really think I'm not meant to work in Corporate America; I'm too nice kasi. ;P
ReplyDeletePen: "Quit tearing up my heart, God" does not sound as good as "Quit playing games with my heart, God"! LoL. Hooray for both being employed on our beerdays! Yahooo!
Congratulations on your new job, Mina! You're right about God teaching you about having patience and trust in Him. If you have enough faith, you will get what you wish for in time. Good luck and best wishes.
ReplyDeletehey, congrats! what an advanced birthday gift you got there! :-)
ReplyDeletecongratulations mina :) susunod na daw yung fafa sabi ni god.
ReplyDeleteThank you, guys! Will try to make you all proud. HeHe!
ReplyDeletecongratulations, mina! mannn, you got it going!!!
ReplyDeletecongratulations!!!! ang galing-galing. yeah, the Lord moves in mysterious ways (hehehe.. parang kanta ni julia fordham yun)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new job ate Mina! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I didn't know I had these many site visitors. Akala ko dadalawa lang! HeHe! Thanks!
ReplyDelete