If you ever want to see me with the most painful look on my face, stick me in the aisle where all the facial products are in Target or Wal-mart. Can the world be any more difficult for a woman?
I've always been blessed with great skin. All the zits I got in high school can be counted on two hands. But that all changed when I lived in the Philippines and roamed around S.E. Asia: sun spots and various skin blemishes that probably only Dr. VickiBelo can name have all appeared. And perhaps, my apathy for putting greasy stuff on my skin at night also contributed to the demise of my baby smooth skin (naks!).
So finally, I decided to finally lather up to the best of my abilities and ventured on down to my nearest facial care aisle...only to look like a deer caught in headlights. It would've been fine if it was just a matter of picking a brand, but no, that would've been too easy. For each brand, there were several lines of products. I was there holding four different night cremes for the same brand. To make matters worse, what if you need the benefits of each line? Like what if you need anti-aging, regenerating, VitaminE+Aloe+VitaminB, and for sensitive skin potion? What do you do? What the *bleep do you do?! Why couldn't they just make one night creme with all these benefits and call it a day...err, night?!
And now, I truly believe that the beauty industry is a multi-billion industry. Why do these lotions cost an arm and a leg?! Even Pen raised an eyebrow when I pondered about buying Shiseid0 products to appease my desire of using products meant for Asian skin. Total price tag for a day moisturizer, toner, and night creme? Roughly $150. Goodness, that's a year's worth of child sponsorship for W0rld Vision!
If someone wants to send me BeloEssentials products to try out, my mailbox is always open for such gifts. :)
oh I almost never venture in that aisle because it gives me a headache. I end up buying something that after one use I realize is not good for me. and yes it costs an arm and a leg talaga. Have you tried Obagi? their maintenance products work for not too complex skin problems. or Dermalogica. I went to an aesthetician muna and once stable na skin ko I tried other products. Try Laneige too. Its from Amore, a Korean brand. Impt is sunblock talaga.
ReplyDeleteThis is yet another reason why I miss Korea: ang mumura ng mga skin care products nila. I'm trying out muna Oil of Olay stuff and will then move from one brand to the next and see what works best. I still want to go to LA though to get a facial at Olivia Quido. ;D
ReplyDeleteOil of Olay works as well. Come to LA before I leave and I can get you an appointment with Olivia rather quickly ;) hahaha Shes on maternity leave still but her staff are equally good and me promo until end of October. The facials are 2 for the price of one. If ikaw lang 25% of Hydrafcial but if you bring a friend its 50% off LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean "Come to LA before I leave"? Leaving for where? Aba, suki ka ba ni Olivia? HeHe! Pa-facial tayong dalawa!
ReplyDeleteyup! =) I am thisclose to closing the deal on law school. Papa is happy too. I will tell you more sa YM. Kasi unless mag-asawa ako walang mangyayari sa akin hahaha. Yes, suki ako ni Olivia. I have been her client since she started and she was only renting one room then not the one she has now. Marami na rin akong na-refer sa kanya hahaha Tara pa-facial tayo.
ReplyDelete