I got my DVD version of Got 2 Believe today (can finally get rid of that VHS version from 2002!) and watched it right away to commemorate the beginning of "-ber Months." For me, that movie is the best at displaying how it feels to be a single woman.
Part that gets me each time? When Toni goes "Ayoko na" and starts crying after her series of failed blind dates. *SIGH. And one too many times, like Toni, I've also had my share of conversations with friends consisting of questions like "Di ba, maganda naman ako?" and "Di ba, mabait naman ako?" (if you look hard enough in the archives, you'll find a chat transcript!).
I usually joke about all this single blessedness on here, but I don't find the subject funny anymore (uy, serious today!). It's frustrating and sad all at the same time. While some women, who shall remain nameless (*ahem), are quite open to accepting that they may be single forever, I feel otherwise.
I don't want to be single forever. I've had my years of enjoying all this singleness and independence; I'd like to think that I've lived those years to the fullest. Puwede stop na? I'm ready to love and be loved (yihee!).
Wala bang naghahanap sa akin? Yung gwapo, may pinagaralan, at may patutunguhan ang buhay, hindi ba nya ako hinahanap? Ano ba ang pinagkakaabalahan nya ngayon at hindi nya ako makita? LoL. While everyone I know seems to be married or attached, I'd like to think na may natitira pa diyan na ka-edad ko na single din katulad ko (o di ba, I'm optimistic pa!). Nasaan ka? Bakit palaging late ang mga ka-date ko?! ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment