When I go shopping, I wish there would be more:
1. Bras without underwire
2. Boots without 3-inch heels
3. Pants without flares
I swear, I'm living in the wrong era. But maybe, the only thing I really need to do is to stop shopping in the Juniors Department.
Realizing the solution to my own problem, I went to Ann Taylor Loft today. This was a truly hard thing for me to do because by shopping at Ann Taylor, I'm pretty much admitting that I am getting older. LoL. Anyway, as soon as I stepped into the store (the first time ever!), lessons from Oprah's "What Not To Wear" episode, which aired last week, came rushing back to me. I was looking at all these nice dress pants and tops and thought, "Hmm, maybe it is time for me to start dressing up like a 20-something." I quickly dispelled the thought after realizing that I'm unemployed and broke. HeHe. In the meantime, I concentrated on getting what I had set out to buy: a 2-piece business suit. I had already expected that it's going to cost me (and cost me it did!), but I didn't expect the nice feeling of the silk lining. It's really nice! LoL Then, I was only a size 4 in the pants! Can you believe that?! If I had known this, I would've stopped shopping at the Juniors Department a long time ago! HeHe.
With this newfound love affair for clothes that won't make look like I'm 12 years old anymore, I hope I don't turn into those heel-clicking, tight-black-pants-wearing, too-tweezed-eyebrowed (is that a word?!), overdressed-for-shopping women that I see everytime I go to the mall. To my Adidas gear, you have my loyalty now and forever, amen. This I promise you. {=P
No comments:
Post a Comment