I'm laughing out loud right now because I just looked at my site statistics and it's looking like people are curious to find out what I did this weekend. It's nice to know that my site visitors are a bunch of optimists. {;P It's either that or you all want to hear some drama. HeHe.
On Friday, I finally got a haircut. If that doesn't indicate my emotional well-being, then I don't know what does. HeHe. Anyway, I thought that things will be different this year regarding Feb. 14. I thought I was jaded and bitter enough not to be affected. So all this time, I've been listening to 106.9 FM (which I call the "Love Station"); I've been watching romantic comedies everyday since the start of this month (Did you all know EdTV was a romantic comedy?!); and been around to hear people's plans with their significant other without any resentment whatsoever. It turned out that I wasn't manhid enough. While listening to Boyz II Men's "Legacy" CD on Friday night, tears just started flowing. I think it happened between "Doin' Just Fine" and "4 Seasons of Loneliness." I wasn't bawling like what usually happens when I'm very upset about something. I wasn't even thinking about love at the time; for crying out loud, I was playing Bejeweled on MSN! LoL. So how and why the tears came, I really don't know and I don't care to analyze it for now.
So on Saturday morning, I woke up with puffy eyes. What a perfect statement to make for Feb. 14. LoL. I went to work as usual. Since we didn't decorate the office, I didn't have to be alone for a long period of time, staring at anything and everything red and pink. On my way out of the building, a grandma asked me to help her with the parking meter. I swear, if there is someone lost in the city and/or need help, he/she will eventually find me and ask me for directions. LoL. At UW, at least once a month, a stranger would come up to me to ask how to get to a place. Guest speakers, parents, students, homeless people, all of them would ask me where to go. And all this time I thought I had an antipatika aura! HeHe. After figuring out that the parking machine/meter was defective, grandma thanked me for helping her out. Hence, I felt good and had a smile on my face for the first time that day. Current mentality: Who the hell needs a boyfriend?! HaHa.
I came home and found the whole house to myself. Yay! A couple of hours later, my sister-in-law and Ganda Girl showed up. My sister goes, "Sino ka-date mo tonight?" She said it so innocently that I couldn't scream at her. LoL. I simply replied, "Si Ganda Girl ang date ko." And can I just say what a great date she was? We were eating dinner and out of the blue she says, "I love you, Ninang!" I was stunned to say the least. No one was coaching her; no one was trying to teach her to say it; she wasn't trying to get me to do anything; she just plain said it just like that. I said, "I love you, too, Ganda Girl!" without hesitation.
The point (because there is one! HeHe): so that's what it feels like. That's what it feels like when someone says those words in person and you have no doubts that the person meant it. You weren't thinking, "Okay, what does this person want from me?" or "What is he trying to prove?" or "Does he really mean it?" or whatever thoughts that usually cross my mind when some bastard decides to ruin my sanity by dropping the "three words." {;P
Anywhoobers, enough drama. Unlike most people, my year actually starts after Feb. 14. It's like this big hurdle and after I get through it, I can go on with my life. Hence, that's what I'll be doing. To put it simply, I'm back to my man-hating ways starting today. HeHe. I tried to be this open-minded, vulnerable chick for 1.5 months, but clearly, that didn't do me any good. Ahh, see? Can you sense the bitterness? The real MiNA is back, folks! ::counting the days to see how long this mindset will last::
No comments:
Post a Comment