I am now employed. I was offered the position yesterday after my second interview, and I accepted the position today. My start date will be on March 16th.
As people might have figured out by now, I make it a point to learn from people as much as I can. Whether it's people around me, people in the news, or people on TV, I feel that anyone can learn something from someone. During the Chinese New Year, the folks on Breakfast (why aren't they showing Breakfast on ANC anymore?!) interviewed some Chinese Filipinos in Binondo. One lady was asked why Chinese Filipinos are successful in business. She replied, "Filipinos are always thinking how to get rich quickly. Chinese Filipinos, on the other hand, tend to start in low-paying jobs and work their butts off. Eventually, their hard work pays off."
Her words stuck with me ever since and I applied them today by not negotiating my salary prior to accepting the position. What more could I ask for? This was my very last hope, and it was given to me. I'll be working in the Marketing Department, allowing me to be in my field of choice. I'll be working for the city government, making this job a JWM in my book. It's only a temporary position, but I'm fine with it. This will allow me to work, gain experience, and save up for my "Philippines 2004: Now or Never" trip (Naks, may title pa! LoL). However, I know my mom won't be happy that I still don't have medical/dental insurance, but that's another drama for a future entry. HeHe. What else? It will only take me 15 minutes to get to/from work and parking won't be a problem.
I am absolutely thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment