Friday, June 18, 2004

New Date

Well obviously if the subject keeps coming up, then the topic is unsettled. I have no peace of mind until I get it over with. I really think I need to get my butt back to Manila. This is how I see things will play out: 1) I go over there and have the time of my life. 2) I will then eventually get frustrated about everything like corruption, pollution, traffic, etc. 3) I will go back to Seattle and will finally be content about living here. Sounds reasonable, yes?

You risk big, you gain big. I need to do this. I think I'll forever "feel" miserable for missing out on things and I'll forever wonder what could've been if I don't go back while I'm young. I don't want to be a gurang by the time I set foot in the country again and by the look of things, it will be like that if I keep thinking "Sayang naman." Every event is a learning opportunity afterall.

My one-year commitment at Job #2 will be over next month so I won't have to worry about breaking any promises regarding that one. After talking to my Job #2 boss, Yash, and Pen, I have decided that it's best if I finish one year at Job #1. I need to secure that resume entry before I do anything "stupid" and "selfish." So, we're looking at March 2005. As Yash pointed out, I can't take on new commitments between now and March 2005, or else I'll keep pushing back the date. Fine, no more guy stalking. Fine, no more new jobs. Fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment