Friday, March 4, 2005

And I Thank You

After one whole year, I'm finally free. I have reached the end of a very, very dark tunnel. I wish I'm in a better emotional state to celebrate, but hey, we can't have everything.

Isn't it amazing though that we only find out how others feel about us when it's time to part ways? In the last few years, I've learned to show my gratitude towards others. I don't use "Thank you" sparingly anymore because I'm truly thankful for those genuinely nice people that I come across. It is so hard to find nice people these days. Trust me.

I think this is why I value the following entry written about me one year ago: I think it's the first time someone told me right away what he thought of me. I completely forgot about this entry since I didn't bother to document it on my very own website. But thanks to the power of entry archives, I was able to find it again on his site:

March 7, 2004

last night, just when i was doing my last minute checking of emails, blogs and forums. i saw this girl online on my ichat. i added her few weeks ago after reading about her blog but totally forgot about it. i send her a greeting telling her that i like reading her and that the design of her blog was "cute". she replied and the next thing i know, it's almost 4am.

just like her blog, she's funny, interesting and it was so effortless to talk to her.

woke up and saw her online again. by that time, it seems that i've known her for 10 more years in the span of 7 hours of sleep (ok fine, i woke up past 11am, it's a sunday!) we chatted a bit more but i had to leave for a shoot in makati.. interesting person.


Now if only I could find a guy in Seattle who thinks that way about me, man, I swear I won't be single. How in the world did this topic come back to my being single?! LoL.

Anyway, my point is simply to value the good people in your life. Maybe this is my way of trying to find a reason to smile again, but in the last 24 hours, I'm really thankful for those who were there. They weren't able to take the pain away, but at least, I know that there are good people in this world. ::group hug:: ;P

O, happy days, where the heck are you? *SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment