Sunday, March 6, 2005

Justice for All

I've never been the assertive type. When I've been wronged before, I don't make a big fuss over it. I simply walk away and forget that anything ever happened.

Well, $500 isn't that easy to forget.

I'm putting away my new 12-piece stainless steel cookware set, green and yellow dishes, tiramisu-scented candles, and the dream of living independently. For now, my armor consists of the Washington State Landlord-Tenant Law, my checking account statement, and your boss' home address that I got from the phonebook (I hope it's correct).

In the last few days, I wished so much that I had a friend who was a lawyer. But today, I realized that this is *my* battle. I picked this one on my own and I'm ready to fight.

I'm not willing to spend anymore money on you, but I'm willing to sacrifice my two weeks off for this cause. I just want to make sure that your boss knows what you've done (or been doing to others before me). Maybe he would like to give me back my money.

I have learned my lesson. I hope that you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment