Today was my first day on the South Beach Diet. You know what, it's not so bad. Okay, the V8 vegetable juice I had to drink for breakfast was nasty as hell, but everything else was fine (Whoever thought of making vegetables into juice must not have any tastebuds!). If you're Filipino, I would suggest eliminating rice way before you start this diet. Otherwise, I don't think you'll survive the first day. HeHe.
The book did mention that most people who don't become successful with this diet are those who travel. Thanks, thanks a lot. HeHe. Even I'm worried just surviving week two of this since I'll be working by then. It's fine and dandy right now since I'm just bumming around the house and I got nothing better to think about than my spinach quiche in the oven, but when things start getting hectic, all hell breaks loose, you know?
Anyway, here are a few of my mantras for the next two weeks: Thou shall love proteins. Thou shall cook for thyself instead of eating what's on the dinner table. Thou shall think about Zara's wedding. Thou shall remember that thy metabolism isn't what it used to be. Thou shall think about the possible cute boys in Asia. Thou shall keep the hope alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment