"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." -- Mark Twain
The wretched woman wrote me back: she's not giving me back my $500. The question now is whether or not I should take this matter to court.
My mind right now: It's $500; it's just money; I can still earn that. Crap, though, that's $500...that's a digital camera and a whole lot of stuff. She's an evil woman; She deserves to feel like crap as I have about all this. How badly do I want the money back? Can I handle prolonging this? It won't cost me that much money to try; I just need to pay the $25-$50 filing fee. But I do want to move on from all of this. Is peace of mind priceless, or can $500 buy it? Are lessons about life really worth $500? If I don't accept this challenge, what else will I back down in the future? There won't be any lawyers; just the judge, me and the wretched woman...I can handle that, can't I? Will the judge not focus on the signed agreement, but the breach of oral agreement, as well as my interpretation of the law? Will I find enough comfort that God will take care of this woman in the future? How many people have been wronged before, but backed down just because they were scared eventhough they were right? Do I believe that the law helps the good people and not the bad?
If you were me, what would you do? Let it go? Or, go "Judge Judy" on this woman?
No comments:
Post a Comment