Sunday, April 17, 2005

Hail, Bill

I finally parted ways with my Dell computer of three years and gave it to my brother; I am officially a Mac girl now. Well, when I'm home that is.

Papa the Powerbook and I are still in our getting-to-know-you stage. I guess a lot of things has changed in the last ten years since I had a Mac. Things are definitely much "cuter" now, but that also means more expensive. I won't even get into the issue of my unopened/uninstalled legit copy of Microsoft Office 2004 Professional Edition that I bought some two months ago; I'm still in utter disbelief that in order for me to use my Mac like my old pc, it will cost me more than an arm and a leg. My gosh, this is probably God's way of making sure that I don't make the mistake of having a high maintenance boyfriend in the future.

My current obstacle right now is figuring out how to make exact copies of DVDs. Apparently, you can't just save the DVD on your desktop, insert a blank DVD-R, then drag the files onto the blank DVD-R and burn. Apparently, I'm missing a step because I already wasted two of my DVD-Rs by trying to be a genius about it. And that's another thing about having a Mac, you can't just ask anybody for help and the ones you think would help you aren't doing so. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Boo hoo hoo, I know. You'll just have to excuse me; I'm still mourning the loss of my uber easy-to-use pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment