It’s 9:24 p.m. Brussels time. What did I do all day? Sleep and watch MTV.
I slept at around 10 p.m. last night. I woke up when my sister-in-law called. I thought it was early morning already, but it turned out it was only midnight. I stayed up until 2 a.m., watching CNN. I woke up at around 8 a.m., but decided to take advantage of free day and slept in. Hence, I didn’t wake up until 1 p.m. By that time, I decided to not go to church or do anything touristy. I just stayed in the hotel room and relaxed. Thank God for cellphones; I was able to call Pen and finally have someone my age to talk to. *SNIFF. It’s lonely here! LoL. Now, I understand why business people take their families with them on business trips. If anyone wants to join me in Hong Kong, please make travel arrangements now! My bribe? You get to stay at 5-star hotels!
Although, I found out that hotel ratings don’t mean much in Europe. Hell, I don’t even have internet connection here in my hotel room. I have to dial out to the U.S. to write on here. Tsk. Tsk.
I saw/heard some French-speaking Asian people. Cool deal. There is also an Esprit store across the street. I don’t know if I’ll be able to see that store open while I’m here.Work starts tomorrow for tradeshow booth set-up. My two overseas marketing representatives from Japan and China will also be here by tomorrow. During dinner, I was the only one reppin’ the Asia region since all the European reps are already here (and yes, I said “reppin’”!).
What I’m trying to figure out right now: How does one become a better participant in a group conversation when he/she can’t relate to anything they’re saying due to generation and experience gaps? How does one maintain his/her personal values without being a party pooper (ex. How do you avoid second-hand smoke and being around drunk people? Why do you have to pay 22 euros when you only had spaghetti with clams for dinner while everyone else had an entrée, wine, and coffee?)? I knew things were too good to be true!
No comments:
Post a Comment