Sunday, June 5, 2005

Ako Ay Pilipino, Sa Puso, Sa Diwa...

...at sa gawa.

I would have never guessed in a million years that I would do what I did today. I (drumroll, please) watched the Night of the Champions concert. And if that wasn't enough, in the morning (or should I say lunchtime), I actually waited to see them at their guest appearance at a Filipino store. I know, I know, throw away that conyo label, folks, because I'm now legitimately "maka-masa." (Beat that, all Philippine politicians!)

I'll save you all the nitty-gritty details of how this came about. All I can say is that everything was spontaneous, something I have left out of my life for quite some time.

At the guest appearance, they arrived a whopping two-and-a-half hours late. Filipino time is alive and well in America. I stood by the door and witnessed Christian and Poor Girl walk in. First impression of the love of my life? He looked like any other Filipino boy in the Philippines (as expected by yours truly). Poor Girl? Hmph. The funny thing is Sheryn actually walked in with them, but I swear, I didn't even notice her until she was seated already. Tsk. Tsk. Then, came Mark. He was wearing sunglasses; I was turned off immediately. LoL. Ate J and I didn't bother to stay to wrestle with the die-hard fans, nor did we bother to wait for the rest of them. Dimsum was waiting for us at the other side of the mall...and yes, I can eat dimsum with chopsticks now. Whoop, whoop!

Afterwards, we went to the concert venue and bought last minute $30 tickets (Didn't I say everything today was spontaneous?). While standing in line to get in, I swore to myself that I will never, ever attend such events again. A room full of die-hard Filipino fans is not a place I thrive in. I'll keep it at that. LoL.

Anyway, I smiled, screamed (at Christian and Baste), laughed (at Sheryn...I'll save my comments for Pen on AIM, hahaha!), and felt all lovey dovey thanks to all the romantic songs. All these raw emotions that I haven't felt in awhile just came out. And as much as I would've been ashamed to admit that I went to such an event, I don't mind telling. They made me feel better and let me forget about my current problems. Besides, why be ashamed for watching people who actually have talent to perform? Masyado bang defensive? HeHe.

With all their usual ASAP inspirational songs (think Disney soundtracks, haha!), I kind of got a little teary-eyed...okay, maybe that's something I'm actually ashamed of admitting. HeHe! If there's any truth that dreams do come true, these people are great examples. If they didn't pursue their dreams, they wouldn't have these opportunities. If they didn't go for it, these people would've probably never set foot in America ever (something they're all happy about that's why I'm mentioning it). In a nutshell, they gave me hope. Yes, Frenchy gave me hope. ROFL. You gotta be a major hater to not be happy for these people for the things they have achieved so far in their short careers...even if it's the achievement of stealing my man. Sige na nga, kay Poor Girl na si Suplado Boy. Ibalik mo yan sa akin kapag tapos ka na ha! LoL.

Good times indeed. Just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment