Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Heat Is On

Call me naive, (Hey, Naive!), okay, don't call me naive, but it looks like I should do more of my trip planning while I'm here in Seattle. I initially thought that I was just going to fly to Manila and play everything by ear, but what was I thinking?!

1. Internet is sloOoOow in Manila, plus it's paid by the hour.
2. There are no public libraries in town; I can't research.
3. Hopping from one ticket office to another is a trip in itself.

I looked at both websites of Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific Air last night and I think I'm going to go crazy trying to figure everything out. I know jack!

If I fly to Davao, would it be easy to work my way up to Manila? From Davao, I want to go to Cebu, then check out the other islands in the Visayas region. But how easy (and safe) is it to go to those other islands? Do I just ride a boat or what? Ugh! How come I don't have relatives in other areas of the country?! *SIGH.

Going internationally is a wee bit tougher. You know how they say that once you go first class, you never want to go back? Well, I feel that way about hotel rooms. HeHe. Who knew I had a maarte bone in my body! Anyway, I thought I was going to cross out Japan on my list because I sooo can't afford lodging, but I really want to check this out. I want to go to Singapore, but when does the climate stop being humid (or does it ever?). China is out of the picture because I don't want to pay for a visa. Thailand depends on whether my cousin is going there or not. I can plan for South Korea once the great Alan gives me the lowdown.

Ahhhh! Decisions, decisions. Is it really that hard to figure this out? Has anyone traveled to any of these places?

I was also looking at my Belgium and Hong Kong pics and I'm like, "I don't want to travel alone!" with matching stomping my feet a la temper tantrum. I mean, none of those pics had me in them! Blasphemy! What's the point of traveling without going narcissistic, right? Wait na lang kaya ako until I have a bf para siya ang ulirang photographer ko? Okay, shut up, don't even say it. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment