Sunday, June 19, 2005

Home Is Where The Girl Is

For those wannabe homebodies out there, the best way to learn how to be one is to become unemployed.

I would love to take a couple of dance classes right now to alleviate me from this emotional funk, but that would require some money. I would love to buy a new printer right now so that I could print out resumes, but that would cost some money (Why my current printer had to break down now is still a mystery to me). I would love to spend time in Vancouver for a day since I have so much time on my hands right now, but, well, you get the drift.

Hence, I'm home all the time these days. Quite a stark contrast from a year ago when my summer was filled with capoeira classes, cooking classes, dance classes, and the infamous seven-days-a-week work schedule. Ho hum, ho hum.

But I have been quite productive at home:

1. Finished Felicity Seasons 1 & 2
I've had them for almost two years, but never had time to watch them until now. It's funny to see cameos of Jennifer Garn3r and Donald Fais0n when they were still unknowns. And yes, Scott Sp33dman needs to find his way back to primetime TV.

2. Speaking of which, TV is now my bestfriend
If you need to be updated on the latest shows, just ask me. From VH1's "100 Greatest Child Stars" to TFC's "Kampanerang Kuba," I know the scoop! (Not like I'm proud of that or anything. HeHe)

3. Organized my photo discs
Hence, the Orlando 2004 photos to your right, complete with captions. I need a scanner though for the West Palm Beach leg of that trip.

4. Therapy sessions via AIM with The Twin
Krung-filled, angst-filled, PMS-filled conversations can get the most depressed chick on the block to smile again. Sis, it feels like 2003 all over again!

5. I've finally cleaned my room
It's so clean, you can eat off the carpet...now that you can actually see the carpet. The status of my room is a reflection of how I'm feeling inside. Hence, it has been messy, dark, and lifeless the past month. Now that it's clean, I guess I am feeling better. Or maybe, the fact that it's clean now made me feel better.

6. Tada! A new layout
Okay, so for once in my life I sold out to a template made by a stranger. But that's the kind of change I need in my life (Ha! How's that for an excuse!). And ever since Pen pointed out that the former layout looked like the Backstr33t Boys' "Black&Blue" cd, I felt the need to quickly change it.

7. Reply button
I'm a personal e-mailing machine right now. You know you like seeing me on here and in your inbox! LoL.

So in a nutshell, this time off is doing me some good. I'm even considering not finding a temp job anymore just because I do want to take the time and do the things I've been meaning to do at home, but never had time for...plus I don't want to miss Christian's acting debut on TV. LoL. Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment