I never thought of writing one, let alone having to read one. When I got the chance today, I had tears in my eyes because I felt the pain of the person who wrote it, and felt the pain the person, to whom the letter was written for, must have felt after having read it. I never want to feel the same way again.
I told Pen yesterday that more than a boyfriend (believe it or not!), I would like to have a best friend: the kind of friend who will always be there when you pick up the phone, the kind of friend who will go with you anywhere, the kind of friend who will be there through thick and thin. I stopped having a best friend in tenth grade, a time when I thought it's better to be alone than waste my time with someone who never had my best interests in mind when I thought I had his. But in closing my doors, loneliness let itself in as the years went on.
Last month, I told Belle that a lot of, if not most, people are lonely; it's just that no one wants to admit it. I would just like to take this time now to say this before I regret not having the chance to have done it: To all of my site visitors and to my AIM/YM folks, if there's ever a time that you feel alone and wished there was a person to talk to, please don't hesitate to send me a message or e-mail me. I insist, I don't mind, and I mean it.
I may not be the girlfriend (or boyfriend) that you long for, I may not be there to physically sit next to you, I may not be able to make things right for you, but at least I'm someone when you think you have no one. The only rule I have is to make sure you let me know. I'm not a mind reader, I'm not a fortune teller, and I'm usually thinking about my own battles in life, so I'll probably never be able to guess that you're in a "certain situation" unless you tell me. Deal?
To the person who led me to write this entry, I'll be thinking about you this Sunday. I don't think I would have made any difference had I known you, but I just hope that you found the peace that you were searching for all this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment