Monday, March 1, 2004

It Is I

I admire...those people who took it upon themselves to shoulder the responsibilities at home, for being breadwinners at an early age, for putting their family first all the time. I admire them because they accepted the responsibilities without complaints, without bitterness, without questioning their fate. I wish I could say the same about myself.

I envy...my cousins in the Philippines who don't have to worry about their future because they will be taken cared of no matter what, classmates and friends who got drunk during any day of the week. Although I never desired to have alcohol running through my veins, it would have been nice to at least have that choice during high school or college.

I wish...that when any of my cousins suggest that I move to Colorado, the Philippines, or any place in this world, I could just do it in an instant. When I want to do something for myself, I wish that it would just affect me; that if I ruin my future, the only person that is going to suffer is me.

I desire...selfishness when making decisions that matter most to one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment