Wednesday, March 3, 2004

O Happy Days

My real start date is on March 16th. However, my boss called me on Monday to ask if I could attend the all-day staff retreat today. Hey, anything for extra hours. {;P

Eventhough it was a retreat, we just stayed in the office. I have already volunteered/been assigned to do three projects so I'm much more excited now for my first real day. I also got a chance to of course observe my co-workers/teammates/superiors at work and I like what I saw. These three women are knowledgeable, passionate, and focused with their work, and I look forward to learning from them. I also found out about certain perks that come with the job so all the better. HeHe. Anyway, again, they reiterated to me that the position will become permanent in 3-4 month's time. Mom, there's my medical and dental insurance for you! Although I know, that still isn't good enough for the woman. Hmph!

However, I'm not just giddy about my newfound job. Last night, my dance instructor set me aside and asked me if I ever thought of joining a dance group! I read her short bio in the class description when I signed up for the class and already knew she was the director and choreographer for one of the local dance groups. I was actually going to ask her about that last week, but never got around to doing it. Little did I know she wanted to discuss it with me. Naks! HeHe. I really miss performing so I hope I get to do that again soon. It's nice to know that after 5 years, I still got rhythm and my body is still holding up. HeHe!

No comments:

Post a Comment