Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Good Things Come in Twos

I've never won a raffle drawing in my life. That is, until tonight. I won a $25 Rainforest Cafe gift card! I would've preferred the $100 Gene Juarez gift card, but hey, let's not be greedy now. HeHe.

But that is not why I feel like a winner tonight. People have been asking me about Job #1. However, they're not asking where I work or what I do. No, all these people want to know is if I'm working with a cute guy. Really, I'm quite touched. I can't believe that many people are still keeping the hope alive. Or are they just humoring me? LoL.

I've been meaning to write about that very topic on here since my first day of work one week ago. Because, sad as it may seem, I had almost accepted the fact that I will be single for life. Trust me, I have a million evidences to warrant such a conclusion. But since I have been tired every single day of the past week, I haven't had a chance to write about it. As always, things happen for a reason.

I have met so many people this past week alone. I went to the city employees' banquet last week. I have met the mayor. I have met city council people. I have met general managers of every single sector in the city. Out of all of these people, not one is remotely close to my age; not one is remotely a potential candidate for me; not a single one.

During the latter half of the day today, my co-worker told me that the photographer who took the pictures for our vacation planner will be dropping by in a few minutes. I thought, no big deal. Judging from all of the people I have met so far, Prince Charming is no where near me. After about half an hour, the office door opened and I...was...just...shocked.

Do you guys still remember that very first time I met/saw Dancing King? That was quite unexpected also. It has been two years since that happened, so it is nice to feel legitimately giddy once again. However, I know for a fact that I will not be seeing Picture Boy (hooray, a new nickname!) on a daily/regular basis. Once in a blue moon is more like it, so let's keep reality in check, alright? HeHe.

He's cute. Trust me, he's cute. He's tall. He has nice, soft hands (shut up people, he's not!). He loves photography (a dur!) and nature. He's nice, according to my co-workers (How to get MiNA to like a guy: Get 5 people she trusts to tell her that the guy is nice. In this case, 3 will do. HaHa). And, he's granola-ey. That's a new term I learned from my co-workers to refer to people who are simple and down-to-earth. HeHe. So tonight, all I've been thinking in my head is, "I'm granola-ey! I'm granola-ey!" LoL. Well, dammit, I am! HaHa.

I don't want a relationship with him (Traumatized Girl has spoken yet again!). Afterall, I'm insisting that my co-worker gets her act together and snatch this guy up. Why she hasn't after all this time is quite puzzling. Sure there's a conflict of interests, but hey, we can hire someone else to take pictures for us in the name of loOoOoOve. So anyway, I just need some inspiration, or at least, someone who will make me believe that my ideal guy exists. Hence, I just need someone to replace Elevator Boy in my heart, because after four years, I don't get why he's still in there. HaHa.

Would it be too much to start singing "It Might Be You?" LoL! Just kidding, just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment