Sunday, March 7, 2004

It's Not Easy Being Me

I find it amusing when I get to hear people's perception of me based on my website. It doesn't happen often, but when people do get the guts to tell me what they think, I'm really quite amused.

Bitter. Melodramatic. Hopeless. Confused. I would accept those as fair ways of describing me. I'll even take "crazy." But are those the words that I hear from my male site visitors? Nope. Since the beginning of this year, I've been finding out that their first impression, and maybe lasting one also, of me is that I'm a geek. A geek! Can you all believe that?! Geek meaning technology-savvy, cellphone-carrying, PDA-using, digicam-toting, DSL-loving woman. The heck?! I don't even own a cellphone! And when was the last time I mentioned anything geeky on here? Hmph!

Is this why I'm single?! Did Mr. Right visit this website before and said, "Hmm, she's not 'The One.' She's a geek. Let me continue on my journey."? Ack! The horror!

For the last time, I'm not a geek. I'm a normal, cute, intelligent, sweet ... (We interrupt this entry to let you know that MiNA just got hit by lightning. Stay tuned for further details.) {;P

No comments:

Post a Comment