I want to get this book so badly (I'm a geek! I'm a geek!), but the Female Twin (uy, may title ka na!) wants me to get this book instead. If you ask me, she's just tired of my stupid boy stories and this is her way of telling me to get expert advice. LoL.
As far as I'm concerned there are four sins that can place a guy on my sh!tl!st. There are two parts of the list though: one part is "You've done me wrong, but I understand," and the other is "Uh-uh, I don't think so. Goodbye." Let me just say that the latter part of the list is longer and once you're there, there's no way out...err, off. Tarush, I know. Let me just break it down because I need to let off some steam anyway (FYI, in no way am I referring to one particular guy with the following...because that would make him so pogi. LoL.):
1. Lying
I'd like to think na madali akong kausap basta katotohanan lahat ang sasabihin. If there's another girl that you would rather be with, then tell me. If you spent your time this past weekend with another girl when you said you were out with the guys, then tell me. I *can* handle the truth unlike what Jack Nicholson would have you believe on "A Few Good Men." It's not really so much about the wrong you committed (we're only human, right?), but it's really the act of lying about it. I'm not dumb, and the more you think I am, the more I'll prove it to you that I'm not.
2. Broken Promises
I don't expect anything in return for any favors/good deeds that I do for others. Well, maybe a thank you, but besides that, I'm happy with the thought that I did something nice for someone else. However, if someone does promise to do something nice for me in return, it better be done. The last thing I want is to wait for nothing. If you're going to say you're going to hook me up with something, you better start hooking. LoL. Don't keep my hope alive if there is no reason to do so.
3. Bragging
I'm happy for the blessings that come to those I know. However, don't brag about them to me. Don't send me 10 pictures of you and your new girlfriend when you know that I'm single during these cold fall/winter/spring months. Don't tell me you took pictures of say, Christian Bautista, and not even share whatever you took with me. If you want to make me jealous of you, spend more time fixing your self-esteem first.
4. Hiding
I guess this is similar to Point #1. We all know that I have FBI-like skills. I'll figure out who the new person in your life is, or what you have been doing with your time lately. Don't say stuff like "Work has been busy" or some b.s. like that. Tell me flat out. Guys have never hesitated to talk to me about Janet's b00b during Super Bowl, or how much they want to upgrade their computer, so why can't they tell me about the new h00chie momma in their life?
But no, I don't blame the guys for everything (I'm a martyr, remember?). My problem is that I'm always here, and that I'm always single. They can return to me whenever they're not busy with someone else. If they need a girl (kasi girl ako!) to talk to, I'm here. I'm the girl that they can try their lines on without risking humiliation. I'm the girl who can lift up their self-esteem (I wasn't an Orientation Advisor, Peer Mentor, and Tutor during college for nothing! LoL). How I wish that one of these days, when a guy comes back after his break-up with someone else, I can say, "Sorry, I can't talk to you, I'm busy with The Boyfriend," or "Sorry, The Boyfriend will be mad if I talk to other guys (although, if he's my boyfriend, I wouldn't let him treat me like that, hahaha). I'm just tired of the Dixie Cup Cycle, getting disposed of for another girl time and time again. Kahit friend lang ako, may feelings din naman ako a! LoL. I really wish there were more guys in this world who are willing to pick the best apples higher up on the tree, instead of the ones that have already fallen from the tree.
So I'm convinced: I will spend the weekend at Barnes & Noble after work and read the book. I'm sure I'm going to be back to my man-hating ways in no time, if I haven't started yet. HeHe.
No comments:
Post a Comment