Setting: In the cafeteria, first floor of the office building, 8:45 a.m.
Guy: So, do you like Chinese food?
Me: Yeah, I do.
Guy: Would you go to dinner with me tonight?
Me: Sorry, I'm busy. Gotta go, I'm going to be late for work.
Setting: In the office, second floor of the office building, 10 a.m.
Co-worker: There's so many people outside! One of the guests in the room across the hall is getting a make-over from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!
Me: No way! (Opens the door a tiny bit to take a peek. Sees lots of camera lights and people running around.)
A couple of hours later...
(A tiny toy, plastic teeth to be exact, slides under the office door)
Tiny Toy: MiNA, would you go out to dinner with me?
(Co-worker and I giggle.)
Me: Sorry! (slides the tiny toy back to where it came from)
The clock strikes 5 o'clock. Co-worker and I open the door of the office.
Queer Eye Guys: There she is!
Queer Eye Staff: Hi, are you MiNA? Would you please go to dinner with the guy? It's part of the show. It would mean a lot to him.
(I look towards the guy while he's looking into a camera. His hair is much shorter now. He's clean-shaven. He's wearing a royal blue polo shirt, a white shirt underneath, blue jeans, and white sneakers.)
Me: Fine, fine, I'll go to dinner with him.
Setting: Restaurant. I was asked to sit at an empty table with 20 chairs. A big group of people entered the door and headed towards me. The cameras continue to roll behind them. The guy sits next to me; his mom sits next to him; the rest of his family sits around the table. Both of us don't speak to each other for a good 20 minutes. Finally, I lean over.
Me: Sorry about this morning.
Guy: No, problem.
Me: When you asked me to dinner this morning, did you know that it was part of the show?
Guy: No, I just wanted to ask you.
Me: Oh.
The guy and I continue to lean towards each other, keeping our voices low so that the cameras don't pick up what we're talking about.
---
Then, I woke up. I only get dreams once in awhile and when I do-just like this one-certain things don't match up. For example, the people from Manila are in a U.S. location with me. Also, the faces of the people that I encounter are blurred. However, by far, this is the vividest dream I have had; it was vivid because of the royal blue shirt. It was also vivid because I knew that the guy in the dream was a white guy. In the dreams that I've had before, I never knew anything about the guy.
Anyone know how to intepret dreams? LoL.
No comments:
Post a Comment