I ended up going to Barnes & Noble after work to check out the two books. This was sold out. Ahh, the power of Oprah. HeHe. This was in-stock so I spent the next hour leafing through it to get me excited while I wait for it in the mail from Amazon.
If I were a single, twenty-something woman (oh wait, I am), it would be more beneficial for me to hangout at a bookstore rather than a club. At least at a bookstore, you know that the guy can at least read, which is more than you can say about a guy in a club. As always, that's just my opinion. However, it is really getting harder and harder to find guys who can read and write correctly these days. Am I asking for too much again?! LoL.
Anyway, I would've sat in Starbucks since I think it's more acceptable to approach another person there, but I would've had to buy the books first; I was just there to get some free reading time. I would've sat in the chair with the table (if it wasn't occupied by a Filipino guy), but it was located by the Relationships and Beauty sections and I wasn't going for that target market. I would've sat in the couch, but that was occupied also (The more I think about it, the more I don't like my local B&N, LoL). I ended up sitting at the far end of the store, right outside the children's books section. I know it's a bookstore and not a library, but can parents just drag their kids to where they want them to go instead of hollering at them from across the store? Geez! And you can tell how a kid was brought up by hanging out at B&N: the shouting kids were with the shouting parents. How scurry. Anyway, 15 minutes into having sat down, there were three guys hovering by the bookshelves behind me and to the right of me. Don't ask me which genres they were in, but I think I have found the men section of B&N. LoL. I only got a good look at the guy who was nearest me, and hey, not too shabby. HeHe.
My point is...hooray for bookstores.
No comments:
Post a Comment