Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Giving You The Best Of My Love

I'm happy (You guys didn't expect that one for today, did you? HeHe!).

No amount of roses, chocolates, or anything cheesy could've competed with God's February 14th gift to me: a job interview at the place that I've been wishing, hoping, and praying for. It went well enough that in less than twenty-four hours, I will have my second interview. Tomorrow. Please, please, please do take the time to pray for me after reading this. I need all your help. =)

And since I was watching people on Emerald Avenue today, walking with their chocolates and flowers in hand, let's talk about gifts.

Maybe there really are girls out there who are after men's money, but for most of us who have jobs, we don't need your money. Pen would probably agree with me on this one. Everything I have, I bought with my own money. If I want something, rest assured that I can get it myself. My point? Gifts mean more than just material acquisitions to women.

A gift shows sincerity (naks!).
While hanging out at National Bookstore today, I was looking at the guys checking out the greeting cards section. Most of those guys probably could never buy their woman a house, car, or jewelry. Yet, judging from what I saw, I'd like to think that they're sincere about their love for whomever they're buying that one particular card for. They took the time out of their busy day to go through a gazillion cards to find THE one that says everything that they're feeling. A card! A piece of paper! Yet, it means so much (okay, maybe only for mababaw girls like me).

A gift shows that you pay attention (we like that!).
You spend hours with us. We eat together. We spend time together. We go to places together. You got all the clues you need. It doesn't take a genius to buy a gift...see previous paragraph.

A gift shows effort (put some elbow grease into it!).
Joaqui, my cousin, bought a girl this teddy bear which was like P1,000. He saved up his allowance to buy that thing. I can't even imagine how many meals he skipped in school in order to afford that darn teddy bear. Yet, he sacrificed little tummy aches (aww, poor baby!) to give that girl a gift. ::enter applause here:: Ef for Effort!

A gift shows that you're thinking about the other person (aww!).
When I was younger, my mom would always bring me home something whenever she and my aunts would go shopping. I would always get a Hello Kitty bag or stationery of some sort. She always thought of me eventhough I wasn't with her. Didn't you all get pasalubongs from your parents when you were younger?! Don't you know the feeling?

A gift shows that you mean what you say (actions speak louder than words!).
You like me? You want to make me happy? You think that I deserve the best? Here's your opportunity!

A gift shows you care (Hallmark is good at this!).
Why do people give gifts to birthday celebrants? For the heck of it? No! We care enough to give! Simple as that.

I can probably go on and on about this, but I got a job interview tomorrow! HeHe! My February 14th gift to myself this year? The Bayo skirt that I've been lusting over since December. I finally gave in and bought it. Most likely, I'll be like Joaqui and won't eat any meals from now until I get a job because of that darn skirt. HeHe! (I actually wanted this, but I don't want to spend for the hardback copy here in Manila: P1,000! That's $20! Crazy! Donations are always welcome on this website. *Ahem. HeHe)