Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Family Ties

I'm usually in good terms with my friends' families. I'm the girl who refers to my friends' parents as "Mom" or "Dad". I'm the girl who gets invited to Sunday gatherings or special events reserved for family members. I'm the girl who gets referred to as "Tita" by nephews and nieces that are technically not mine.

But never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would become my friend's family's topic of conversation over a meal. More specifically, the topic being my lovelife. Eek! I'm still not over the news. Why didn't anyone tell me?! How did it come to this! I'm super embarrassed, if that's even the right way to explain how I'm feeling.

All I wanted to be was one of the good friends: the one who drops by ocassionally to have a conversation; the one whom the whole family knows, but who doesn't get all their attention. Well, not anymore. They all know me. They all know my, umm, "feelings." They all know! Crap! LoL.

Note to self? Mina, most people meet the guy first before the family. Why don't you try it next time? Be like the rest of the world for once! HaHa! Usually, people don't even get to meet the family until years later. Try that! Maybe you'll be able to avoid these weird situations that you get yourself into! HaHa!

It takes a whole village to help me with my problems? No! It takes a whole family!

No comments: