Saturday, February 4, 2006

Gotta Have Faith

For those who have been single for awhile (*ahem), it's not hard to be a pessimist. We have been out there; we know the reality of our situation. HaHa!

But one of the advices I've gotten lately that really made me think was "Positivity attracts positive things." You know, good karma. How does this relate to love you may ask?

Well, if we keep thinking that there are no GREAT guys left in this world or that prince charming will never arrive, sure enough he probably won't. Yes, I'm guilty of this. I can't even link all my archives that talked about this very subject because the list will be too long. HaHa!

When we start thinking negatively about our single state (*ahem), that's when the problems start. What I've noticed lately from all the love problems that I've been summoned to solve (naks!), women start crying their eyes out when they try to settle for someone beneath them. And maybe, just maybe, they decide to put up with that kind of crap because they don't BELIEVE that another guy will come along who's ten times better than the one in front of them. My point? Believe! Believe like you've never believed anything before! He will come!

Do I believe that there's a great guy out there for me? Now I do. Seriously, I really do. That's a miracle in itself, I think. HaHa! I think God has finally dropped me enough hints to make me believe that He will send one eventually. I've met enough guys in the last six months who made me realize that there's hope: the guy who went in Ice Monster to ask if they use purified ice, the guy who said "You're a gem waiting to be found," the guy who said "She's pretty" in Bisaya right in front of me, the guy who had cut up the Crispy Pata for me (ang babaw ba? LoL), the guy who made sure to keep me safe every time a jeep passed by, the guy who said "I support you" (okay, that was my cousin, but he's a guy!). These guys have shown me that GREAT guys exist and when the right time comes, one of their kind will eventually find his way to San Mateo. HaHa!

From now on, no more bitterness (Okay, just a little; it keeps me alive. LoL). No more pessimism. No more references to becoming a part of the Good Shepard Convent in Baguio (HaHa!). Just a lot of faith that good things come to those who think positively. Naks!