"People are still basking in the afterglow of Valentine's Day." Yes indeed, Mr. DJ on Campus Radio this morning!
I was in Makati to take a multi-national company's Global Problem Solving Test today. Supposedly, it's a test that everyone in the world takes when applying to this MNC.
Well, I hate word problems. I hate them so much that I would just copy Rochelle's homework answers back in high school AND college. For tests, I would just try to do well in the other areas because I knew that I would bomb the word problems. It would look like I tried to do them (Ef for Effort!), but really, they were all scribble (Shh, don't tell my Calculus professor. She gave me a 4.0! This is while Rochelle got a 3.9. After five years, we still haven't figured out how that could've happened. HeHe!).
Seriously, I don't really care to know how long it would take to fill a 75-liter bucket when a faucet on top is filling the bucket with 5 liters of water an hour while a hole in the bucket is leaking 7 liters of water an hour. I don't care! Don't you all know that there are starving people in Africa?! LoL.
So, it was quite painful answering that test today where half of it was reading comprehension (very SAT-like!) and half of it consisted of mathematical word problems. Yes, I answered all the reading comprehension stuff first. Then, I tried to do the word problems...but in less than fifteen minutes, I just started filling out the bubbles randomly. I could've made pretty cool patterns had I been more imaginative. ;P
Result? I still passed the test! Miracles, they're everywhere in our daily lives! HaHa! (Last month, I also passed a TV station's Tagalog IQ Test. Tagalog! Imagine the SATs in Tagalog. That's pretty much what that was like. Crazy stuff!)