Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Close to You

At my job interview...

Would-be supervisor: So, you're single?
Me: Yes, I am. (I knew what was coming next.)
Would-be supervisor: Boyfriend? (Dammit!)
Me: No boyfriend. Is that a problem? (Trying to be funny. Emphasis on trying.)
Would-be supervisor: No, no, but it's important that we're all happy here.
Me: (#$*@#!)

I'm fully aware that I'm S-I-N-G-L-E. Do I want to be single? No. Do I need to be single? No. I've spent years (many, many years) thinking about what I'd do differently in my next relationship, what I will tolerate/not tolerate in a man, and how I will be to the next person that comes around. The sad reality of this is that when I'm finally ready to give my heart to someone else (yihee!), when I've changed my priorities to fit a lovelife in, and when I've shipped out all of my emotional baggages (there were lots!), there's no one worth giving my heart to who's going to take care of it as much as I have (I'm so cheesy! LoL). If the same people who wished I had a lovelife could present me with a man worth risking it all to (yihee!), then I wouldn't have this sickly feeling whenever someone gives me that pity look when they find out that I'm S-I-N-G-L-E.

Realizing that my lovelife is in God's hands, I have focused on finding a career. But look what I encounter in the process. Everyone always reminds me what I don't have. I'm just an innocent victim here! ;P

Feeling lousy about my lovelife after that interview, I decided to watch "Close to You." It wasn't a good idea. HeHe. Not because it was a crappy movie (it was far from that!), but because I was crying throughout the whole movie. Pucha! Trust me, if you watch that movie, it will remind you of me. Promise! LoL. Makes me think that Star Cinema reads my blog. LoL.

(Let me rant, please.)

If you've seen the movie, there's the issue of the John Lloyd character versus the Sam character. John Lloyd being the torpe, slow, insecure guy who doesn't have the guts to speak out about his feelings versus Sam who, after two short trips to Davao and Dumaguete, declared his feelings for Bea with a kiss. That's like what, a span of one week? So, I started thinking: who should the girl really end up with? The torpe boy or the straight forward boy? If the torpe boy can't fight for his love, what else can he not do (put away those inside jokes, people)? And what, the girl is supposed to wait on torpe boy to come around? Hello? And was John Lloyd's excuses of not saying his feelings valid? Was I supposed to feel bad for him when Sam and Bea got together? Wasn't it his fault that another guy beat him to the girl? Ooh, I sense some anger. LoL.

That's all. Good night. HeHe.

3 comments:

  1. I honestly felt that Sam and Bea should've ended up together. Basta!
    I want to watch it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iha, three letters: VCD. Buy it na lang when it comes out on VCD instead of watching it 10 times sa theater! HeHe! I do want to see it again, though. Madaming nabitawan na salita si John Lloyd na kailangan kong pagisipan. LoL.

    But Sis, I need a "Sam" in my life. Yes, I do. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. naku at nag-react kang ganyan I definitely have to watch out for this movie. Mga next month sana meron nang DVD dito. for the meantime I am watching DGUON. cute din ang kuwento!

    ReplyDelete