Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sanity for Sanitary

I'm not a maarte person. Nagiinarte maybe, but not maarte. HeHe.

Today, I went down to the Bureau of Quarantine to check out the requirements for a Medical Certificate from them (one of the many requirements to get my Alien Certificate of Registration).

Have you guys been there? It doesn't look too sanitary...and that poses a problem for me. I can get the chest x-ray, stool exam, routine urinalysis, and blood serology done somewhere else, but the physical examination? It has to be done at Bureau of Quarantine. Trust me when I say that getting nekkid there doesn't sound too appealing to me. It sounds so horrible that I'd rather get dual citizenship than strip in that place.

Okay, maybe I am maarte. But it's all about not contracting any diseases at a place that is supposed to prevent a whole country from getting diseases from foreigners. How weird is that?! What I'm trying to tell myself right now? "Girl, this will be a one-time thing. Imagine that you're just going on a blind date. Scary, but you'll get over the trauma soon enough." HaHa!

What do they do anyway during physical examination? Do they touch and poke around your body? Eww. If you're my physician, hey, poke away. If you're my boyfriend, touch away. If you're some stranger employed by the government using some tools that may have been used on other people, step the hell away! My body is a temple! HaHa!

Be brave. Be very brave.

2 comments:

  1. Why the... do you have to take this?

    You're in for a real unforgettable Philippine experience now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! I survived! I just got back from BQ and it was no big deal. Since I had all my lab results from another clinic, the doctor at BQ just asked me a few questions and checked my heart rate. I have my medical certificate. Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete