Saturday, January 3, 2004

The Complete 411

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself anymore. Three days into the new year and I already broke my mini-resolution (it's not the most important thing in the world, so it's "mini" LoL).

I told myself that in 2004, I wasn't going to be antipatika to guys anymore. I told myself that if the guy asks me out once, I can say no if I didn't want to go. But if he begs and pleads the second time around, I should give him a chance. I told myself that if he asks to buy me a Christmas gift, I should let him instead of declining the offer. Who knew that these things are easier said than done?!

It is true that you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It's not like I'm here wallowing in my misery or anything, but I should've at least given the guy a chance. Afterall, I did know the guy's college GPA (HeHe), we both had the same outlook towards living here in Seattle, and we simply had the same interests. The "fate factor" was clearly there months later, playing its part. However, I was just too heartless and blind to see what was in front of me at that time.

So realizing this little problem of mine a few days before 2003 ended, I told myself that I'll be different in 2004. I had a shot to put my mini-resolution into practice today when I received a few strangerster messages on Friendster. Sadly, my amiable self (do I even have one?!) never showed up to reply to those messages.

I used to say that I hate wasting my time, but since I have all the time in the world these days, then that's not a legit excuse anymore. It's really a trust issue then. *SIGH. I guess, the best thing to do, if you're going to set me up with someone, is to forward his college transcripts, NBI/FBI clearance, resume, an 8x10 picture, medical charts, and other pertinent information to me as soon as you can. If his parent(s) is/are "important" in some way, do tell me now. Don't let me find out a year or so later, unless you want me kicking myself over and over like I have been doing lately. Once I have all of these info, maybe, just maybe, I will actually get my act together in 2004. For now, I'll just have to cry every single time I see a can of cashews. {;P