Teach me to trust in You with all of my heart
To lean not on my own understanding
'Cause I just forget
You won't give me what I can't bear
Take me out of the dark, my Lord
I don't wanna be there
- Gary Valenciano's "Take Me Out of the Dark"
I got the winter blues. {=( I tried to deny it (in case you're wondering why the new layout is blinding yellow) since I didn't want to start the new year with such negativity, but my efforts are futile. I was really hoping to start the year employed, but I turned down my JWM/JWB last week. I've been sick so I haven't been able to appreciate the recent snow-filled days. Since college ended in July, loneliness has been poking its ugly head out. Then, there's the "family cycle" that's been keeping me down and out. Even stalking Kasoy Boy's profile on Friendster is not helping me much (if anything, it's making it worse by realizing what I cannot have in life, LoL) *SIGH. I might have to resort to cutting my hair before this week is over to relieve the sadness; no pretty long hair for the two upcoming weddings. Double *SIGH.
I took out Gary's Revive CD to umm...revive me, but realized that "Take Me Out of the Dark" was not on it (I eventually had to turn to his Greatest Hits Volume I album).
I really wish I had the courage to pack my things and move to a faraway place where I can start anew and remove the "excess baggage" I've been carrying all these years. You know what's keeping me alright these days? Oprah's words on Larry King Live in early December; she said that in your 20s are the most confusing times of your life. I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment