My first "first time" of the year: I booked a hotel room for the May wedding in Colorado. I did it online, too, so I feel all high-tech and stuff. HeHe.
But I'm still old-fashioned. Am I the only one who gets creeped out by the webcam and voice capabilities of Yahoo! Messenger? ICQ already had "voice" capabilities back in the day, but you weren't talking back and forth. You would record your voice first, then send it to the other person. Whereas in YM these days, your computer actually talks back to you! Then, there's the webcam function: whenever I see one, it always reminds me of The Correspondent's episode on mail-0rder brides from last year. Am I the only one, or do I need to stop watching that show every week? LoL.
Eeek, maybe this is just a sign that I've been online too long. "Back in the day" (circa 1996), all I had was a Mac with like a 13-inch screen, 2600 bps modem, AOL that was charging per hour, and a graphics viewer that would only let me see JPEGs and GIFs of a certain size. Goodness, I bet there's kids out there going "Modems went that slow?!" Shut up, kids. LoL.
No comments:
Post a Comment