Monday, January 19, 2004

Now I Know

Please tell me I am not the last person to know.

I played The Black Eyed Peas' "Elephunk" CD today for the first time. My first reaction was "Wow, I can dance to this." I have checked out both of the Neptunes' CDs and found them hard to listen and groove to (Dancing King would've been utterly disappointed at me). I expected to feel the same way with The Black Eyed Peas (they are both from the hiphop genre, right?), but low and behold, the opposite was true.

So there I was, just sitting on the couch while the CD was playing, and suddenly, I hear Tagalog words. I was like, "The heck?! Did the CD stop playing and MusicMatch automatically play one of the MP3s on my comp?!" Nope, the CD was playing "The APL Song" which contains Tagalog lyrics, which finally told me that Allen Pineda is indeed Filipino (Ever since the "Where Is the Love" video came out, I have been wondering what the heck he was). Again, please tell me I am not the last person to know all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment