Thursday, January 15, 2004

It's Not All About The Money

Why do the guys that I find cute the first ones to be kicked off their respective reality shows? Lastest casualty? Jason from The Apprentice. It's my cute-guy-repellant-syndrome wreaking havoc again. =/

Anyway, Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski was on Morning Girls yesterday and Kris, the eloquent speaker that she is, described Mikee as the "anti-thesis of kikay." Of course, I couldn't help, but smile because that's an accurate description of what Mikee and I have in common (If only we had the looks and dimples in common, too. HeHe). It's something that I hope people see in me and also value in me. In a world where people look up to others who have the most material wealth, I hope there are others like me who feel otherwise.

People never fail to ask me why I'm not attracted to any of the guys here in Seattle, more specifically Asian Americans. Long ago I have accepted that my values are different from the Asian Americans that I have come across. Neither are good nor bad, it's just a matter of realizing there's a difference.

One of the things that I'm worried about regarding moving back to the Philippines is finding out that every single guy that I meet over there embodies every single quality that I dislike about the guys here. The stories of guys courting girls over text messages are enough to keep me awake at night. HeHe. I hope there are still a few who does not care about impressing the whole entire population by the clothes they wear, the car they drive, or what model their cellphone is...especially if mommy and daddy were the ones who paid for them. This is also probably why I gravitate towards promdis because I associate living in the provinces with simplicity (eventhough I've never really lived in a province to really know). Either that, or I was a promdi myself in my past life. {;P

People who are rich, but never flaunt their wealth, will always have my respect. In the same category are people who are wealthy but use their blessings to help those who are less fortunate instead of using their blessings to marginalize others. With that in mind, I'd like to send off my love recruiters again and see what they come up with. LoL (I told you all that the qualities that I look for in guys are sooo weird! HeHe)