Remember back in the day when ASAP stood for ABS-CBN Sunday Afternoon Party (Yes, we already had TFC around 1995)? Back then, the hosts were Martin, Pops, Dayanara, and Ariel; The Streetboys and Manoeuvres provided all the dancing; and the "Pare Ko Gang" were the youngins. Even when they decided to add Jolina into the mix, I still enjoyed the show.
Nowadays, I ask myself, "WTF happened?!" Instead of being entertained, I am now annoyed every single Sunday (and yes, I still watch it nonetheless). Does the show really need 5 billion "regulars"? It's such a circus! If ABS-CBN can't get these people decent projects, by all means, let them go to other networks instead of placing them all on ASAP!
If you already have a ZsaZsa, why do you need a Kuh? If you already have a Vina who can sing and dance, why do you need a Rica? If you already have Bea and Shaina, why do you need Anne (of all people!)? If you already have Sarah, Mark (my beloved promdi), and Papa Christian, why do you need Erik, Gumby, Poor Girl, and Frenchy (I don't mind the recent addition of Raymond though)? Then, there's The Hunks...why are they all trying to be wanne-be rockstars? Stop the madness!
I'm not even going to get started on ASAP Fanatics. I just need some good entertainment. I realized that I only watch a handful of TFC shows nowadays, all of which are from the News & Current Affairs Department: The Correspondents, Pipol, and Straight Talk (I keep missing the MYX shows on Saturdays!). And yes, I watch The Buzz, but not for long if they're going to change the format like they did today. Tsk. Tsk. Let's raise the bar of quality, people, because I seriously don't believe that what I'm watching is what the Filipino audience really want...at least, I hope not. And yes, I'm probably talking about this subject because I'm simply having Good Morning, Kris withdrawals. GMA-7, hurry up and get a satellite up in space! Now na!
No comments:
Post a Comment