You know, it is true that when you have little of something, you value it more; and when you have plenty of something, you take it for granted. For "normal" people, it was a three-day weekend; for me, it was a one-day weekend and I was quite happy with it. There were no ringing phones, no stupid questions, and no bipolar disorders. It felt damn good.
After taking my car to get an oil change, I went back home to actually get on the treadmill. When I'm a happy camper, I exercise. When I'm not, you can find me laying on the couch. For the past two months, it has been the latter. Anyway, after a quick shower, I battled the rain and drove to the spa to indulge in a 50-minute massage. My back has been giving me problems lately (probably from laying on the couch too much, HeHe) and I'm also dying a slow death from all the stress at work. Hence, I decided to cough up the money for a massage eventhough I seriously think that any spa service in the U.S. is way overpriced.
Normally, I would be uncomfortable with a stranger touching my nekkid body like that, but it felt good. She can touch my body all day, let me tell ya. Throughout the 50 minutes, I kept remembering Friends' Phoebe though. Tsk. Tsk. I watched too much TV during my heydays. LoL.
As I try to figure out my life and its path in the next two months, I'm looking forward to these massages as my salvation. I think I finally understand how important it is to pamper yourself; not necessarily to look good, but to feel good. Although I'm sure, they go hand in hand. Now if I can only get my spiritual side jumpstarted, I swear, no one can dampen my spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment