Tuesday, January 25, 2005

P for Passion

I'd just like to announce that someone today googled "Christian Bautista's girlfriend" and ended up here. See? I told you guys I was going out with him. >=P

Anyway, currently, I'm only jealous of one group of people: those who are doing what they're passionate about. These are the people who are architects from 8-5, but are dancers after 5. These are the people who are counselors from 8-5, but are musicians after 5. I envy those who have a special section on their website solely dedicated to their passion.

During our various talks about careers, L and I always ended up asking eachother how does one find his/her passion? L said that apparently you're supposed to look back into your childhood and remember what you liked doing back then. Hmmm... I hated reading back then. I played with my cousins every single weekend. I read my brother's loveletters from his girlfriend on a daily basis. Nope, sorry, my childhood isn't giving me any good ideas as to what I should do with my life.

I'd hate to think that I'm passionate about finding my passion. The ideal thing is for you to do what you love to do, learn how to do it well enough that you can get paid to do it. Well, I don't think sitting in front of my computer, pondering about my life, will help me bring food to the table any time soon. Wait, am I the only one who spends this much time on this subject? Should I be feeling sorry for myself instead of spending my 10-11 p.m. on being confused? HeHe.

No comments:

Post a Comment