My former boss from City of Seattle and I were having a conversation over e-mail today. When I told her about my plans to finally get out of Seattle and travel the world, she said, "Do it now! Don't be like me, 50 years old, kid in college, and lots of debt without seeing the world first!"
Call me Tae-Young, but I've always daydreamed of packing a suitcase, living in some small apartment in a foreign country, and working as a waitress at a restaurant, not minding that I'm only making minimum wage because the experience is simply priceless. Maybe I'm just a wimp so I haven't done it, but I think my cousin said it best in an e-mail last week: "Because lots of times, you just want to share experiences with someone else who'll appreciate it as much as you do."
Amen. When I ooh and ahh at everything, I want someone next to me doing the same thing. When I'm 60, I want to be able to reminisce "the crazy things I did when I was in my 20s" with someone else, you know? Or at the very least, I want someone there whom I can run to when reality catches up with my idealism and I have no money left to pay for that small apartment in a foreign country. HeHe.
No comments:
Post a Comment