Monday, September 12, 2005

Interview #4

Another week, another interview.

Since "The TV Station" and this company today are sister companies, I was expecting the worst already. When I was handed an application form to fill out when I was already told to bring a copy of my resume, I cringed. But all went well. I even made the interviewer laugh...

HR Girl: Any plans of getting married anytime soon? (Pati ba mga strangers umaasa din?!)
Me: None. My friends are all getting married one-by-one. I'll let them go first and see what happens to them.
HR Girl: :: insert laughs here ::

Anyway, you know what I've noticed? HR here has this thing of recommending you to other positions. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that; it's just that I've never experienced that in the States. I mean, if you applied for the wrong position, sorry na lang. But here, HR takes the time to sell you another position other than the one you're applying for. Today, HR wanted me to be a Sales Executive rather than the marketing position that I applied for. I turned that down with a quickness. If these HR people just knew about my lovelife, then they would probaby know that sales isn't really my forte. ;P

But that wasn't all. She also suggested that I tell my parents to buy me one of the condos right around the corner (because I told her that I would like to move out once I have a job to be closer to civilization). Yeah right. My mom would drag me back to Seattle with her bare hands if I ever did that. HeHe.

Salary negotiations for my Ortigas-located job on Wednesday. Wish me luck that I get enough money! It's all about being able to afford an apartment in the National Capital Region! I didn't know that I was a promdi until I saw the "You are now leaving the NCR" road sign today on my way home. Man, no wonder I have this thing for promdis! Tsk. Tsk. Love your own nga naman! LoL.

Celebrity sightings for the past few weeks: Sandy And0long, Amy Austr1a, and Lorna Tolentin0 at Edsa Shang Hotel; William Mart1nez and Yay0 Aguila at Sweet Inspirations; Regine T0lentino and husband at Edsa Shang Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment