My lovelife is becoming more of a comedy rather than a tragedy. What's worse than not having a date on a Saturday? Going on someone else's date as...a chaperone!
Last night, after I got home, I found out that my cousin was going on his very first one-on-one date today. As with all the love-related stories that I've heard before, I got all giddy hearing all the details. My cousin even told me about a thing he did for the girl days before and I must say that it was a "winner." He then asked me for dating advice, like how to keep the conversation going during a date. Imagine that! I was being asked for dating advice AND it was about talking. Me, a talkative dating expert?! Who knew you could be an expert at something you don't have experience in! HeHe. After making sure to say "Just be yourself" (Naks!), I went to bed with a smile on my face. Ahh, young love. How sweet it is to be young and angst-free. LoL.
Well, today was The Day. He came into my room to ask me if I was coming with him (I had this running joke with Ninang that I could be his chaperone, but I didn't know that the idea was going to be entertained!). I asked him whether he wanted me to come or not and being the nice cousin that he is, he said that it was okay for me to come (That's pity for you! LoL). We established a plan and off we went to Shangri-La (Yes, Kuya H, na naman!).
After getting there, I was told of a little "problem." Being the cool cousin that I am *ahem, I agreed to help out. When The Girl arrived, I immediately went to her and said, "Hi Girl! Bakit ang tagal mo?!" with matching beso-beso on the cheek. Her younger brother left her in my safe company with no questions asked. I then brought The Girl to Pinsan J. O, di ba? What was the comment afterwards? "Ang galing umarte ni Ate Min!" Kids, kids, with age comes experience. It all comes naturally! LoL.
Before the movie started, The Girl and I spent some time talking to eachother. After the date, my cousin asked, "O, so ano pinagusapan ninyo?" After I told him, he said, "Naks, ang dami ninyong napagusapan ha! Bonded na kayo!" Well, I'm a pleasant person as long as you give me a chance. Just ask Iko! LoL.
So here's the punchline: When I was buying my movie ticket,
Me: Umm, F14 na lang.
Clerk: Isa lang po?
Me (thinking in my head): Dammit, yes, isa lang! Kailangan pa bang ipaalala sa akin na nagiisa ako?! Hindi pa puwedeng mag-isang manuod ng "A Perfect Catch"? Kapag maganda ba kailangan may lovelife (ROFL!)? Kasalanan ko ba na nagiisa ako? Ha? Ha?
Touchy, touchy. HeHe.
Celebrity sighting of the day: Joseph Yeo and Rico Villanueva (there was another guy with them, but I had no idea who he was)
No comments:
Post a Comment