Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Sawi Girls Unite

I'm sorry to all the 25-30 year-old, single, with a car, males of this country. I'm sorry because I was cursing the living daylights out of all of you today at about 3 p.m. Granted that yes, I did it all silently, but shame on me for thinking that you guys were the problem.

I was just thinking that instead of sitting in the back of a taxi cab, I could've been sitting shotgun in your car. Instead of having my hands on my purse, I could've been holding hands with you. Instead of sitting in traffic (because of those rallyistas at the PP Monument), we could've been sitting somewhere together in the comforts of say, a movie theatre or something. And when I handed P200 to the taxi driver who took me from Power Plant to Katipunan, I knew that I wouldn't have had to do that if I had you. All together now, "Aww." HeHe.

Anyway, I spent the middle part of my day with none other than the soon-to-be Atty. Rosa. On her website, she sounds like a shoe-crazed, shopping-obsessed woman. On YM, she sounds like a boy-crazy sixteen-year-old. In her text messages, she sounds like an intelligent, mature woman who knows how to speak English well. In person, she's all of the above, but much crazier in person. LoL. Daig ako nito!

After having lunch and getting my brows threaded, we decided to hang out at Starbucks to "check out the goods." Grabe, there should be a rule in the Philippines that states that guys can't look at girls if they're not going to approach them. Nakakapikon eh. HaHa. Anyway, Rosa concluded that I prefer the "geeky" types (I'd like to refer to them as the intelligent-looking ones) while she would rather have the "badboy" AND "casually-dressed" types. I'm glad we're not going for the same demographic, fellow sawi girl. LoL.

Rosa disappointed me though. All this time, I thought of myself as cool for making people believe that I'm just another Filipino who grew up in this country, thanks to my Tagalog-speaking ways. Rosa, however, pointed out that I may know Tagalog, but how I say my vowels gives my identity away. A-E-I-O-U, must start reading those Tagalog comics! LoL. At least I don't roll my Rs when I say words like "parang" ha! HeHe.

Good times, fun times. Thanks for taking time away from studying to see me, Rosa! I'm looking forward to "Luneta after the bar." Please continue to stalk those Atenista boys for me; I'm afraid I won't try to venture out to Rockwell again without a driver in tow. I'll try to make do with the Ortigas yuppies. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment